Robert practices in the firm’s general liability litigation, professional liability litigation and insurance coverage departments. As part of his general liability litigation practice, he defends property owners and contractors in personal injury and property damage actions involving premises, labor law, construction, toxic torts and products liability matters. Robert’s professional liability practice focuses on the defense of architects, engineers, and attorneys. As respects insurance coverage, he counsels primary, excess and umbrella insurer clients on a variety of national and local issues. Robert also prosecutes and defends coverage actions on behalf of insurers across the country.
Before joining the firm, he was an Assistant General Counsel to the New York City Department of Buildings, with a focus on land use and zoning issues. Prior to that, Robert was an Assistant Corporation Counsel in the New York City Law Department, where he defended negligence actions as well as civil rights and Title VII violations.
- St. John’s University School of Law, J.D., 1992, cum laude
- American Jurisprudence Awards for Excellence in Constitutional Law and Real Property
- International Law Review
- Moot Court.
- State University of New York at Binghamton, B.A., 1989
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York