A senior counsel in the firm’s New York office, Adam Krauss is passionate about obtaining favorable outcomes for his insurance industry clients. With meticulous preparation and candid communication, Adam protects and advances the interests of insurers in general liability, environmental and toxic tort insurance and reinsurance coverage matters and related litigation. He has successfully handled many high-profile, billion-dollar insurance coverage disputes involving Fortune 500 companies.
With more than three decades of experience in insurance coverage counseling and litigation on a national scale, Adam has developed extensive insights and robust knowledge involving a wide range of policy forms, including CGL, products, first-party, EIL, claims-made, contractor pollution, cost-cap, and site remediation.
Adam graduated from the State University of New York at Brockport with a degree in Earth Science and Environmental Science. Leveraging his educational background and professional experience, Adam has been an active national speaker and writer on climate change and its implications to the insurance industry and in 2019, was appointed as Chair of the U.S. Climate and Catastrophic Events Working Party for the Association Internationale de Droit des Assurances (AIDA)/ International Insurance Law Association.
He earned his law degree from St. John’s University School of Law, where he served as a Student Editor of the New York State Bar Journal, Environmental Law Section.
When not serving clients, Adam enjoys spending time with his wife and two sons, standing behind the lens of a camera photographing anything and everything, and playing guitar fronting two separate bands.
- St. John's University School of Law, J.D.
- State University of New York at Brockport, B.S.
- Student Editor, New York State Bar Journal, Environmental Law Section
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- New York State Bar Association
- Chair of the U.S. Climate and Catastrophic Events Working Party for the Association Internationale de Droit des Assurances (AIDA)/ International Insurance Law Association