Senior Counsel Andrew Adler has diverse and sophisticated litigation experience. Andrew complements his creative and forceful advocacy and informs his sound, practical counsel with the perspectives he gained as a transactional lawyer and the quantitative skills he developed through his education in the physical sciences.
Andrew’s practice primarily involves attorney, accountant, insurance broker, physician, and other professional liability matters; national insurance coverage suits; and intellectual property actions. He has written numerous coverage opinions and defended policyholders in tort cases, and he also continues to help businesses and individuals in all aspects of general commercial litigation.
Prior to joining Traub Lieberman, Andrew worked at two well-known Manhattan law firms, where he often represented insurance companies in prominent cases, including market conduct defense in class action and attorney general lawsuits.
After graduating from Harvard College and earning his law degree cum laude from the University of Michigan Law School, Andrew went on to earn advanced degrees in law and literature from New York University. He later served as a law clerk to Judge Whitman Knapp of the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York. He enjoys spending his time away from work exploring the culture and food of New York City.
- New York University, LL.M.
- University of Michigan, J.D., cum laude
- Article Editor, University of Michigan Journal of Law Reform
- New York University, M.A.
- Harvard College, A.B., cum laude
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- Federal Bar Council
- New York State Bar Association
- DRI (Defense Research Institute)
- USLAW Network
- “Translating & Interpreting Foreign Statutes,” 19 Mich. J. Int’l L. 37 (1997)
- “Can Formalism Convey Justice? — Oaths, ‘Deeds,’ & Other Legal Speech Acts in Four English Renaissance Plays,” 72 St. John’s L. Rev. 237 (1998)
- Law Clerk, Hon. Whitman Knapp, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- Henry Mitchell MacCracken Fellowship; Raymond K. Dykema Scholarship; John Harvard Fellowship