Jerri DeCamp’s clients can expect transparent and timely communication from a seasoned litigator who makes preparation and professionalism hallmarks of how she practices law.
Preparation and professionalism are hallmarks of how Jerri practices law. An experienced litigator and partner in the firm’s New York office, Jerri takes a collaborative approach when defending or advancing her clients’ interests, working closely with them throughout a matter and always providing transparent and timely communication.
Jerri focuses her litigation practice in the areas of construction law, general liability, toxic exposure, and premises liability in state and federal courts throughout New York. Over the course of her career, Jerri has gained extensive experience defending property owners, contractors, construction managers, safety consultants, and subcontractors in bodily injury and property damage construction-related claims. She has effectively advocated for her clients before the various departments of the New York State Appellate Court, represented insurance companies in declaratory judgment actions, and advised excess carriers as monitoring counsel in large exposure cases.
A graduate of Binghamton University, Jerri earned her law degree from Fordham University School of Law. She is active in the Claims & Litigation Management (CLM) Alliance, where she is a member of the Construction Claims Community serving on the Diversity in Construction Claims subcommittee, and where she previously served on the 2016 CLM National Construction Claims Conference subcommittee.
An avid runner who enjoys participating in local races, Jerri enjoys spending time with her family when not serving her clients.
- Fordham University School of Law, J.D.
- Binghamton University, B.A., cum laude
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- Member-the Claims & Litigation Management (CLM) Alliance
- Member-the 2016 Claims & Litigation Management (CLM) Alliance National Construction Claims Conference Subcommittee
- Member- the Claims & Litigation Management (CLM) Alliance Diversity in Construction Claims Subcommittee
- New York State Bar Association
- “Additional Insured Coverage: Can the Risk Really Be Shifted?” 2017 Law School for Insurance Professionals, New York State Bar Association (Sept. 13, 2017).
- “Tools of Tomorrow: Role of Technology in Design, Construction & Dispute Resolution,” CLM National Construction Claims Conference, San Diego, CA, September 2016.
- “The Social Media Goldmine,” Client Claims Seminar, New York, NY, June 2016.
- “Responding to Accidents & Defending Premises Liability Clams,” Client Claims Seminar, Brooklyn, NY, April 2016.
- “New York State Labor Law §240(1): Recent Trends and How to Defend,” Client Claims Seminar, Manchester, NH, April 2014.
- Fordham Moot Court Board, Editor of the Cardozo/BMI Entertainment & Communications Law Competition Team, 2002
- Fordham’s Domestic Violence Advocacy Center, Courtroom Advocate