An Associate with the firm’s New York office, Laura Puhala focuses her insurance industry practice on coverage issues, investigations, and the litigation of coverage cases. She takes pride in being detail-oriented and in thoroughly researching and investigating each matter in order to best serve her clients. Laura’s varied experiences provide her with a comprehensive, strategic approach in handling matters.
While studying at the George Washington University School of Law, Laura worked for the Office of the General Counsel for the District of Columbia’s Metropolitan Police Department. Upon graduation, she practiced in New York City in civil litigation and as a court attorney for a judge of the Civil Court of the City of New York. More recently, Laura’s practice has involved health care compliance, litigation and regulation with the New York State Attorney General’s Health Care Bureau and professional liability and insurance coverage with private law firms.
Laura has served on the executive board of the PTSA for the Edgemont School District and on the Town of Greenburgh’s Town Council’s Human Rights Commission Advisory Committee. She is also a member of the Federal Bar Council and the Ninth Judicial District Committee to Promote Gender Fairness in the Courts.
- George Washington University School of Law, J.D.
- The Johns Hopkins University, B.A.
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Western District of New York
- Federal Bar Council
- Ninth Judicial District Committee to Promote Gender Fairness in the Courts