An associate in the firm’s Chicago office, Tony Hatzilabrou crafts tailored litigation strategies and advances thoughtful, reasoned, and persuasive arguments while providing his clients with transparency and frequent, open dialogue about the issues in each case.
Tony focuses his practice on coverage issues and coverage litigation for directors and officers liability and property and casualty claims. Prior to joining the firm, he served as a federal public defender where he had the opportunity to litigate habeas corpus petitions for indigent inmates sentenced under an unconstitutional provision of the Armed Career Criminal Act, resulting in the immediate release or re-sentencing of dozens of such inmates. As a litigator on behalf of one of the largest insurance companies in the world, Tony also first-chaired 14 jury trials, obtaining favorable verdicts in 12 of those cases.
A graduate of the University of Illinois at Chicago, Tony earned his law degree from the University of Wisconsin Law School. When not working, he enjoys playing golf and poker, hiking, skiing, traveling, eating ethnic foods, and being active in the Greek-American community.
- University of Illinois at Chicago
- University of Wisconsin Law School
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- Co-Author, Relationships Matter: An Update on Related-Claims Issues Under D&O Policies (CLM Magazine, March 2023)
- Co-Author, When Government Agencies Come Calling (CLM Magazine, April 2022)