Colleen Hastie is a partner in the firm’s New York office who has amassed an impressive record of success in complex, high-value, and multi-party litigation. Committed to ensuring that she is always the most prepared attorney in the courtroom or at the negotiating table, Colleen provides her clients with thorough investigations and realistic case evaluations that form the foundation for proactive, effective strategies.
With experience in a diverse range of matters including civil disputes and commercial matters, Colleen concentrates her practice on the defense of construction accident, construction defect, legal malpractice, medical malpractice, products liability, and retail and hospitality cases. Her clients appreciate her accessibility as well as her consistent and relevant communication throughout a case’s lifecycle.
Colleen graduated from the University of Michigan with a bachelor’s degree in History and Psychology, serving as a research assistant with the Ormond and Hazel Hunt Laboratory for the study of Conscious and Unconscious Processes. While earning her law degree from Pace University School of Law, Colleen served as Contracts for the International Sale of Goods (“CISG”) book editor for the Pace International Law Review.
An active participant in the USLaw network, Colleen likes to spend her time away from the office with her children, skiing and snowboarding throughout the country.
- Pace University School of Law, J.D.
- Pace International Law Review, CISG Book Editor, 2002
- University of Michigan, B.A.
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- New York State Bar Association
- New York County Bar Association
- Causevic v. Kone, 2009 NY Slip Op 327308 (Rich. Co. Sup. Ct., 2009)
- Vucetic v. Macy’s East, Inc., 17 Misc.2d 1116A, 851 N.Y.S.2d 67 (Rich. Co. Sup. Ct, 2007)