Danielle Kegley is an associate in the firm’s Chicago office, and focuses her practice on litigating and managing insurance coverage disputes involving several lines of insurance. Danielle’s experience includes representing primary and excess insurers in complex coverage disputes in jurisdictions across the country. Danielle is committed to providing her clients with the most effective representation by crafting thoughtful and reasoned strategies for all insurance coverage matters.
While Danielle has several years of experience analyzing insurance coverage issues across all lines of insurance, she has particular experience evaluating coverage matters under cyber and technology insurance policies. Danielle navigates the firm’s primary and excess insurance industry clients through cyber-risk, technology and data security claims and coverage disputes, providing individualized support at all stages, including claim analysis and monitoring. Danielle routinely advises on coverage under all first- and third-party lines of insurance, including cyber and technology, and has represented the interests of her insurer clients in several large data breach claims. She also advises on coverage for cyber events under non-cyber policies, including commercial general liability policies, in order to determine the extent to which those non-cyber policies may be triggered. Danielle’s practice includes evaluating exposures for first-party coverage for breach counsel, forensic investigations, notifications and credit monitoring, business interruption claims and ransomware claims, as well as liability coverage for third-party claims and regulatory investigations. Clients can be assured that their interests are protected in complex data privacy matters based on Danielle’s proactive and unique approach to claims in this area.
Prior to joining the firm, Danielle represented clients with insurance disputes in both pre-litigation and declaratory judgment actions and appeals. Danielle’s experience includes both first-party and third-party claims.
- The John Marshall Law School, J.D.
- University of Evansville, B.S.
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Arkansas
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- Co-Author, Insurance And Information Security Culture: Professional Liability Insurance Coverage Lacking for Social Engineering Attacks Committed by Third Parties (DRI The Brief Case, May 2023)
- Co-Author, Coverage Defenses for Disgorgement and Restitution Are Alive and Well, But Challenges Persist (DRI The Brief Case, May 2022)