Jason Taylor is an experienced coverage attorney who develops meaningful and enduring relationships with his insurance industry clients by providing them with clear and candid communication, personal and attentive service, and holistic representation tailored to their specific needs and broader goals.
A partner in the firm’s Chicago office, Jason focuses his practice on insurance coverage and defense matters, representing both liability and excess carriers. He evaluates and analyzes coverage issues under primary, umbrella, and excess liability policies to advise clients on subjects such as carriers’ duty to defend, contribution and indemnification, priority of coverage, allocation of defense costs or liability, and other insurance matters.
Jason represents the interests of insurers in matters involving a wide range of issues and policies, including professional liability, excess/umbrella coverage, errors & omissions, commercial general liability, and first-party property. Jason’s coverage experience also includes bad faith and extra-contractual liability issues, policy interpretation, and property and casualty coverage, as well as representation of insurance companies in state and federal courts throughout the United States.
Jason is also highly experienced in best practices training and breach response as part of the firm’s Data Security and Cyber Risk practice. His professional accomplishments have earned him recognition as a SuperLawyers Rising Star (Insurance Coverage) in 2016, 2017, and 2019, a designation given to only 2.5% of attorneys in Illinois each year.
Prior to joining the firm, Jason was a law clerk in the Circuit Court of Cook County, Chancery Division. He graduated with honors from Michigan State University before earning his law degree, summa cum laude, from Loyola University Chicago School of Law.
An active volunteer, Jason’s philanthropic endeavors include working with the Honeycomb Project, a non-profit focused on problem-solving and community-building throughout Chicago. When not serving his clients or community, Jason enjoys spending time with his wife and two children in and along the shores of Lake Michigan searching for sea glass and fossils, hiking, and camping.
- Loyola University School of Law Chicago, J.D., summa cum laude
- Michigan State University, B.A., History, with honors
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for Colorado
- Claims Litigation Management Alliance (CLM)
- Professional Liability Underwriters Society (PLUS)
- Chicago Bar Association (CBA)
- Writer-Traub Lieberman First Party Coverage Blog
- Jason Taylor speaks with other panel members regarding the “Growing Insurance Issues With The Rise of Medical and Recreational Marijuana” -September 8th, 2015-PLUS Midwest
- While in law school, Mr. Taylor was the Feature Articles Editor for Loyola’s International Law Review, participated in the law school’s Low Income Federal Tax Clinic, and clerked for a federal Judge in the U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois.