Lauren Curtis is an AV-rated attorney whose meticulous preparation, creative and proactive risk management strategies, and commitment to accessibility and transparency, have made her a valued and trusted resource for her insurance industry clients.
A Partner in the firm’s St. Petersburg office, Lauren focuses her practice primarily on representing and counseling insurance companies in complex coverage and bad faith litigation, as well as property damage, first-party coverage, construction defect, and general liability defense matters. Lauren litigates cases throughout the state of Florida and is a frequent lecturer on a wide range of insurance topics.
Lauren is on the Board of Directors of the Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel (FDCC) and is a member of the Association of Defense Trial Attorneys (ADTA), the Claims and Litigation Management Alliance (CLM), the St. Petersburg Bar Association and DRI. She is also certified by the Florida Supreme Court as a Circuit Civil Mediator. Lauren has been recognized as a “Florida Legal Elite” and one of Tampa Bay’s “Top Lawyers” in the area of Complex Litigated Matters.
Lauren graduated from Duke University before earning her law degree, magna cum laude, from Florida State University College of Law. In law school, she was the recipient of the Academic Achievement Award for her graduating class, was named Top Oralist of her class, was selected as a national member of the Order of the Barristers for courtroom advocacy, and served on the Journal of Land Use and Environmental Law.
When not serving her clients, Lauren enjoys spending time with her husband and three children and their three rescue dogs.
- Florida State University College of Law, J.D., magna cum laude
- Duke University, B.A.
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- Association of Defense Attorneys (ADTA)
- Claims & Litigation Management Alliance (CLM)
- Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel (FDCC)
- Defense Research Institute
- American Bar Association
- St. Petersburg Bar Association
- AV-rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Selected by peers as a Florida “Legal Elite”
- Recognized by Tampa Bay Magazine as Top Lawyer in area of Complex Litigated Matters
- Notable published opinions include Rosado v. DaimlerChrysler Financial Services, 1 So. 3d 1200 (Fla. 2d DCA 2009) and Century Surety Company v. de Moraes, 998 So. 2d 642 (Fla. 4th DCA 2009)