Michael Logan is the managing partner of the Palm Beach Gardens, Florida office of Traub Lieberman. He focuses his practice on litigating general liability, product liability, and professional liability matters. A significant portion of his practice involves commercial trucking, premises liability and construction defect claims. In addition, Mike litigates product liability cases on behalf of manufacturers and distributors.
Mike has considerable experience representing national clients and numerous Captive Members involved in significant claims from the initial investigation period through the discovery process and to trial. He has been directing the investigation of catastrophic accidents throughout the country on behalf of his clients in order to gather critical evidence and to protect their interests. As such, he is a frequent lecturer to both clients and conference audiences on topics related to claim handling and proper investigation and catastrophic accidents.
Mike’s broad litigation skills enable him to efficiently structure and execute strategies that obtain favorable outcomes for clients.
As a former Assistant State Attorney with the Palm Beach County State Attorney’s Office, Mike prosecuted misdemeanor and felony crimes. During his tenure as a prosecutor, he became a division chief and litigated numerous jury trials from voir dire to verdict. This experience has provided Mike with a strong foundation in trial law and a greater insight into negotiating and developing strategies.
- Nova Southeastern University, Shepard Broad Law Center, J.D.
- University of Florida, B.S.
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- The Florida Bar, Trial Lawyers Section
- Florida Defense Lawyers Association
- Palm Beach County Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- Transportation Lawyer’s Association
- "Florida Tort Reform - Civil Remedies", Client Presentation, March 2023
- “Investigations Through Social Media,” Affinity Captive Workshop, Phoenix, AZ, October 2016
- “To Report or Not to Report” – Incident Investigations, GCI Captive Workshop, Baltimore, MD, October 2016
- “To Report or Not to Report” – Incident Investigations, Raffles Captive Workshop, Chicago, IL, April 2016
- “To Report or Not to Report and How ALAE Affects the Captive,” Affinity Captive Workshop, Dallas, TX, October 2015.
- “Driver Training and Investigations,” Multiple Clients 2009-2016
- “Safety Training and Accident Investigations,”Florida Concrete and Products Association, May 2010
- “Accident Investigations,” International Captive Alliance Group, November 2010
- “Florida Statute Deeming Workers’ Compensation an Exclusive Remedy Declared Unconstitutional 11th Circuit Trial Court,” Martindale October 2014
- “Serious Incident Investigation: A General Guide,” Concrete Openings, September 2009