A partner in the firm’s New York office and a seasoned insurance coverage attorney, Richard Rogers provides his industry clients with skilled, professional representation that facilitates quick and efficient resolutions of their legal problems as well as clear, complete, and concise counsel.
Richard’s practice focuses on all aspects of insurance law, including errors and omissions, directors and omissions coverage, and general liability. Through litigation and negotiation, he has successfully dealt with extensive and complex coverage disputes involving contractual and extra-contractual liabilities in a variety of jurisdictions. Richard also provides insurers with advice on coverage issues presented by claims and assists with the effective assertion of their defenses.
As both coverage and monitoring counsel, Richard has extensive experience managing “books” of claims, including large-scale insurance agent, registered representative, and broker/dealer E&O programs. Well-versed in legal trends affecting the insurance and securities industry. Richard also has experience with the defense of tort litigation, including premises liability, employment, and professional liability cases. His malpractice defense work has involved lawyers, accountants, and life insurance agents. Additionally, Richard has drafted many types of professional liability policies and frequently provides insurers with advice on the wording of manuscript insurance contracts.
A graduate of St. John’s University, Richard earned his law degree from New York Law School. When not serving his clients, Richard enjoys spending time with his family.
- New York Law School, J.D. with honors
- Served as Editor-in-Chief of the New York Law School Journal of Human Rights
- Recieved special honors for an article on New York City’s Fair Share Criteria published in the New York Law School Journal of Human Rights
- St. John’s University, B.A.
- New York
- Courts of the State of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Professional Liability Underwriters Society
- Defense Research Institute (“DRI”)
- Quanta Specialty Lines Ins. Co. v. Investors Capital Corp., 2008 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 35319 * 16 (S.D.N.Y., Apr. 30, 2009)
- Quanta Specialty Lines Insurance Company v. Investors Capital Corporation, 2010 U.S. App. LEXIS 23594 (2d Cir. 2010)
- Gulf Insurance Co. v. Hurd Ins. Agency, 2009 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 8426 (N. Conn. 2009)