The Chief Technology Officer (CTO) is responsible for planning, developing, and enhancing Traub Lieberman’s technology, information, and cybersecurity. As a member of the firm’s leadership, the CTO will be responsible for IT leadership, management, and vision. The CTO will take an active role and a “hands-on” approach in driving technology to all facets of the firm. The CTO will design and implement information systems that optimize organizational efficiency and ensure the stable operation and maintenance of software and hardware.
In collaboration with firm’s leadership, the CTO will participate in planning and implementing new business projects. Direct interaction with department heads and stakeholders will be expected to understand, accurately define, and forecast to address the needs of the firm. Of paramount importance is the development of strategies to introduce new technology which increase automation and efficiencies throughout the firm and evolve our vision for how technology will be used in the firm in a rapidly-changing and complex industry.
Applicant can be based in any of the following locations:
- St. Petersburg, FL
- Palm Beach Gardens, FL
- Hawthorne, NY
- Chicago, IL
Specific responsibilities include:
- providing leadership and direction to the IT staff
- providing recommendations for technology acquisitions, maintenance, and enhancements to the IT infrastructure and related security
- developing IT guidelines, policies, standards, and procedures with input from firm leadership
- proactively monitoring the IT infrastructure to anticipate growth needs
- designing, proposing and implementing leading-edge technologies that improve Traub Lieberman’s operational efficiencies
- preparing and managing the IT budget
- overseeing IT-related aspects of all construction and renovation projects
- providing day-to-day assistance to attorneys and staff with IT-related issues with the assistance of the IT staff
- providing eDiscovery and Litigation support service management for incoming and active matters
- ensuring the integrity of back-up systems and disaster recovery procedures and plans, including business continuity test drills from pre-planning, testing, and post-event follow-up
- managing network architecture and administration, wireless networking, telecommunications, and firm databases
The CTO reports to the Managing Partner with direction from the Technology Committee.
Education: A Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in a technology-related field
- 10+ years of management and ground-level IT experience (preferably at a law firm)
- Experience and familiarity with Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, iManage, Juris Suite, SQL, CRM, Windows Server environment
- Experience with cybersecurity compliance (knowledge of HIPAA guidelines)
- Strong knowledge of office phone systems, Hosted VoIP experience required
- Multi-office professional services organization experience (preferably law firm experience)
- Expertise in virtual environment (VMWare experience preferred)
- Strong analytical skills to provide management and the Technology Committee appropriate information on technology costs and benefits.
- A proven record of accomplishment of IT management with the ability to deliver programs on time and on budget.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with attorneys and staff
- Management experience of geographically dispersed IT staff in all major functions (operations, telecommunications, applications, and user support/training)
- Technical project management experience
To apply email your resume to the Ellen DeChico, Director of Operations at email@example.com.
Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision insurance; 401K, disability, and life insurance as well as vacation, sick, and personal days.
Traub Lieberman values diversity and recognizes that it is an essential component of our culture and is an excellent benefit to our clients. We appreciate the role of having a diverse workforce contributes to both our success and the world at large. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, veteran status or disability in relation to our recruiting, hiring, and promoting practices.
Traub Lieberman will not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Traub Lieberman via mail, email, fax, the Internet, or in any other form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place will be deemed the sole property of Traub Lieberman. Traub Lieberman will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.