A partner in the firm’s Connecticut and New York offices, Denis Farrell is a seasoned litigator who works closely with his clients to craft strategies aligned with their goals and focused on minimizing or neutralizing risk. A skilled and accomplished litigator, Denis works in close collaboration with his clients to ensure that he fully understands their goals and expectations in order to develop optimal case and claim strategies.
Practicing mainly in the professional liability, general liability, and premises liability areas, Denis seeks out early resolutions whenever advisable to minimize or neutralize his clients’ exposure. He has represented lawyers, accountants, real estate professionals, owners, contractors, site safety professionals, manufacturers, architects and engineers in all phases of litigation in Connecticut and New York state and federal courts.
Denis has extensive experience as counsel of record in New York State labor law and construction-related suits, legal malpractice actions, product liability actions, premises liability and negligent security actions, insurance coverage disputes, and toxic torts. He also has significant experience protecting the interests of excess insurers in all phases of large exposure claims, including monitoring and coordinating strategy with counsel of record, analyzing risk transfer and insurance coverage issues, and case resolution.
A graduate of Marist College, Denis earned his law degree from New York Law School where he attended the evening division program while working at the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office. He began his career in the D.A.’s Office Homicide Investigation Unit, where he was involved in numerous homicide and drug crime investigations and prosecutions. He also worked with the Labor Racketeering Unit and New York State Inspector General’s Office investigating corruption in the construction industry.
When not advancing his clients’ interests, Denis spends his time involved in sports and other activities with his wife and three children.
- New York Law School, J.D.
- Marist College, B.A.
- New York
- United States District Court, Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court, Southern District of New York
- United States District Court, District of Connecticut
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Claims & Litigation Management Alliance (CLM)
- New York State Bar Association
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Zaslowsky v. J.M. Dennis Construction Company, et al., 810 N.Y.S.2d 484 (2d Dep’t 2006) (dismissal of methane gas exposure case) and Richard Leboeuf, et al. v. Safeguard Insurance Co., et al., 851 NYS2d 70 (Sup. Ct. West. Cty.2007) (dismissal of mold exposure case).